Although we don’t plan on getting sick or injured, most of us generally will need some type of medical care or attention. Medical insurance is important to assist in paying for medical expenses, whether they are expected or unexpected. Also, many medical plans may also help us to stay healthier through wellness initiatives and resources as well as possibly provide fully covered preventive care benefits when using network doctors.
Active full-time Columbus Consolidated Government employees have the option of choosing between two different medical plans: the Silver Plan and the Gold Plan. Please refer to the documents below to familiarize yourself with your medical benefits.
Effective January 1, 2018 there will be two tiers added to the pharmacy formulary, a tier for specialty medications and a tier for “lifestyle” medications. Additionally, Proton Pump Inhibitors that are available over the counter will no longer be coverage by the CCG medical plans. Certain “Me Too” drugs that have lower cost therapeutic equivalents available, will also no longer be covered by the plan. To avoid any surprises at the pharmacy, please review the 2018 formulary prior to filling your prescriptions for the new year.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- BCBS Find A Doctor
- CCG PharmAvail Formulary 2017
- CCG PharmAvail Formulary 2018
- Health and Wellness Center RX Formulary
- Pharmacy Mail Order – MedVantx Welcome Letter
- Pharmacy Mail Order – MedVantx Enrollment Form
- Pharmacy Mail Order – MedVantx Brochure
- BCBS Account Registration Instructions
- BCBS Mobile App Information
- BCBS Cost Estimator Tool Information
- BCBS Special Offers