Basic Term Life/AD&D Insurance
Term Life insurance provides valuable financial protection for your family. Bartow County Schools is pleased to offer $15,000 of Basic Life and AD&D Insurance through Cigna.
It’s not easy to think about how our loved ones will survive financially should we no longer be with them. Although Basic Life Insurance does provide them with some benefit in the event of our death, will that be enough? Unfortunately, when a primary wage earner passes away, 34% of households would have immediate trouble paying everyday living expenses; 29% could cover everyday living expenses for only several months; and only 36% could cover everyday living expenses well into the future.1 While there are many different ways to estimate how much money your dependents may need, we suggest a combined amount of term life insurance that is five to eight times your annual income as a good starting place. Again, this is an estimated amount of life insurance coverage you and your family could consider. A complete financial plan for your family should take into account your specific circumstances including your debt, other obligations, available resources and many other factors.
- All benefits eligible employees
- Legally married spouse under age 70
- Child(ren) age 14 days to 20 years of age (or to age 26 if unmarried & full-time student)
Coverage and Monthly Premiums
- Your premiums are based on the coverage amount you elect and your age
- Spouses rates are based on the employees age
- Coverage available in $10,000 increments for employees and $5,000 increments for dependent spouses
Guaranteed Issue Amounts:
Employee: Up to $250,000
Spouse: Up to $25,000
Child(ren): Flat $10,000 per dependent child
* If you did not enroll when you were initially hired and eligible for benefits, you will be considered a late entrant, and subject to medical Evidence of Insurability- EOI, for yourself and your dependents, and coverage could be denied.
You may be eligible to port this coverage with you if you terminate employment prior to age 70.
Plan Documents/ Resources
These documents are not a contract for coverage. Certain restrictions may apply. Coverage reduces to 65% at age 65 and then to 50% at age 75.
Please refer to the certificate booklets for complete reductions and benefit limitations and restrictions.