Aflac Group Accident
If you or your covered dependents experience an injury such as broken bones, torn ligaments, burns or other covered injuries due to an accident, Accident coverage can provide you with a lump-sum benefit based on the type of treatment you need. The benefits you receive may cover expenses incurred from emergency room treatment, hospitalization, surgery, medical appliances, lodging, and certain follow-up therapy services. (These benefits are generally paid in addition to and regardless of other coverage you may have (i.e. major medical insurance)).
Please review the plan documents to see the full schedule of benefits including covered injuries/incidents and covered expenses.
- Coverage is guaranteed-issue (which means you will qualify for coverage without having to answer health questions)
- Benefits are paid directly to you, unless you choose otherwise.
- Coverage is available for you, your spouse and dependent children.
- Coverage is portable (with certain stipulations). This means you can port this policy if you terminate employment or retire.
- Fast claims payment. Most are processed within 3 business days (based on claim submission process).
$50 Health Screening Benefit: After completing a 12 month waiting period from date of enrollment, you and your covered dependents, can each receive a health screening pay out for one of the covered health screening tests listed in the plan document brochure link below.
Plan Documents/ Resources
Aflac Group Critical Illness
Group Critical Illness with Cancer Rider
Having a Critical Illness policy may help you pay for expenses you could incur when diagnosed with a covered illness such as a heart attack, stroke, coma, major organ failure and possibly cancer. This coverage can help you offset the cost of your treatments and related medical expenses, regardless of your what your major medical plan covers. In addition, this will also cover your legal dependent children for 50% of you, the insureds, enrolled amount at no additional charge.
In general, under a Group Critical Illness policy you can receive a lump-sum benefit payment upon diagnosis of the covered condition to use as you see fit. For example, if you elect to have a $10,000 policy amount and experience a stroke you could receive the full $10,000. This benefit can be used to help offset your income, pay for deductibles and copayments, apply towards your regular living expenses, or even pay for transportation so your loved ones can be with you.
In addition, the policy you elect can be used for each covered condition as long as the allowable period of time has been met between the diagnoses of each condition. Each condition is payable once per lifetime. Depending on your plan options, you may also add Cancer as an additional covered condition. Spouse and Dependent coverage is also available.
$50 Health Screening Benefit: After completing a 30 day waiting period from date of enrollment, you and your covered spouse only, can each receive a health screening pay out for one of the covered health screening tests listed in the plan document brochure link below.
This is your policy, therefore coverage is portable. You can take this coverage with you if you leave or retire without having to answer health questions.
Please review the plan documents to see details on the coverage options available including a full list of covered conditions.
Plan Documents/ Resources
Group Universal Life with Long Term Care
Universal Life is a permanent life insurance that helps protect your family from financial hardship if something happens to you. The policy does even more than pay a death benefit to beneficiaries — it offers Living Benefits insureds can use during their lifetime.
- Builds a cash value that you can access during your working years.
- Long-Term Care (LTC) accelerates the death benefit for LTC
- Death Benefit Restoration restores the death benefit when LTC is paid
- Extension of LTC extends the benefit period and benefit amount available for LTC
- Combination Restoration/Extension restores the death benefit while doubling the amount of LTC benefits, in effect, tripling the policy value
While Term Life Insurance is an important benefit to maintain through your working years, Whole Life Insurance can also provide you with an additional level of Life Insurance coverage. Typically the premium for Whole Life insurance is fixed so your cost will not increase for the life of the policy. Whole Life insurance not only helps pay for final expenses it can also potentially accumulate cash value where, over time, you could borrow from that cash value.
Four features that add value:
- Cash value- Accumulates at a rate of 4.5%. Over time you can borrow from the cash value or use it to buy a reduced policy with no more premiums due.
- No physical exam- During this enrollment, you can get this insurance up to a specified amount without a health exam. You may be asked a few health questions.
- You own the policy- The payment is deducted from your paycheck and coverage becomes effective the first day of the month. You can keep the policy even if you leave or retire; Unum will bill you directly for the same premium amount.
- Living Benefit Option Rider- You can request an advance, up to 100% of the benefit amount ($150,000 maximum), if diagnosed with a terminal illness limited life expectancy to 12 months or less.