Although we don’t plan on getting sick or injured, most of us generally will need some type of medical care or attention. Medical insurance is important to assist in paying for medical expenses, whether they are expected or unexpected. Also, many medical plans can also help us to stay healthier through wellness initiatives and resources as well as fully covered preventive care benefits when we use network doctors. The health insurance offered to eligible employees through your Employer is currently provided through United Healthcare.
Please review the plan documents carefully for more details on the medical coverage available.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield website
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Summary 2017
- Blue Cross Blue Shield SBC 2017
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Essential Drug List Website
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Essential Drug List
- Pharmacy Mail Order
- Online Wellness Toolkit
- Preventive vs. Diagnostic Care
Setting up your BCBS account is simple and easy to use. You are able to turn on or turn off paper notifications, check claims status, download Explanation of Benefits (EOB), find providers, and many other functions. Below is a flyer to explain how to set up your web and mobile account.
How to search for a medical provider in the BCBS network:
- Click this link Blue Cross Blue Shield Providers 2017
- You have two options to search: as a member or as a guest.
- Member – log into your account and go directly to doctor search.
- Guest – Click Continue and you will see 4 drop down boxes.
- How do you get insurance? Through my employer.
- What state do you want to search in? Select state.
- What type of care are you searching for? Medical.
- Select a plan/network? Blue Open Access POS.
- Click Continue and search for provider.