Although we don’t plan on getting sick or injured, most of us generally will need some type of medical care or attention. Medical insurance is important to assist in paying for medical expenses, whether they are expected or unexpected. Also, many medical plans may also help us to stay healthier through wellness initiatives and resources as well as possibly provide fully covered preventive care benefits when using network doctors.
The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) and its State Health Benefit Plan Division serve as the state’s administrator of health insurance coverage for state employees, teachers, school system employees and retirees who continued coverage (including annuitants and former employees on extended coverage), and covered dependents.
State Health 2017 – Active Employees
- State Health Benefit Plan Video – Not available at this time
- 2017 SHBP Active Employee Decision Guide
- State Health Benefit Plan Website
- Telemedicine/Virtual Visits Podcast
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC’s):
- Pharmacy Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC’s):
- Dependent Verification
State Health 2017 – Retirees
- 2017 SHBP Retiree Decision Guide
- State Health Benefit Plan – Retiree Policy
- State Health Benefit Plan – Retiree Rates