Although we don’t plan on getting sick or injured, most of us generally will need some type of medical care or attention. Medical insurance is important to assist in paying for medical expenses, whether they are expected or unexpected. Also, many medical plans may also help us to stay healthier through wellness initiatives and resources as well as possibly provide fully covered preventive care benefits when using network doctors.
The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) and its State Health Benefit Plan Division serve as the state’s administrator of health insurance coverage for state employees, teachers, school system employees and retirees who continued coverage (including annuitants and former employees on extended coverage), and covered dependents.
State Health 2018 – Active Employees
- 2018 SHBP Active Employee Decision Guide
- State Health Benefit Plan Website
- Pharmacy Benefit Portal
- Telemedicine/Virtual Visits Podcast
- 2018 Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC’s):
- 2018 Pharmacy Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC’s):
- Pharmacy HRA Plans Summary
- Pharmacy HMO Plans Summary
- Pharmacy HDHP Plan Employee Only Summary
- Pharmacy HDHP Plan Family Only Summary
- Dependent Verification